Senior Sales Team Member
As a member of the Sales Team, providing Verve Wine clients with an extraordinary wine buying experience is imperative. Your role as a member of the Sales Team will be to manage inbound leads and drive new business, while developing relationships with existing customers. You must be excited to provide every client with your expertise, friendliness, honesty, and hospitality.
This position comes with many incoming leads due to our aggressive commitment to client acquisition via social media, paid marketing, hosting of private and corporate events, and large existing client base, as well as our prime location in New York City.
We have both a passion for the classic wines of Europe and a loyalty to quality wines from the world's other notable regions. Our own personal curiosity about wine keeps our selection frequently changing, and our devotion to a wine's characteristics of terroir focuses our selection on producers that create a sense of place. Whether a client is looking for everyday drinking wines or the esoteric, rare trophy bottles, we strive to fulfill every request with a warm, enthusiastic approach.
What you'll be doing
- Work with other team members to ensure all customers receive exceptional service throughout their shopping experience
- Act as a representative of our brand; help educate and excite others about our mission and values
- Work with the Verve Wine inventory to proactively find sales opportunities
- Manage inbound leads from the store, the website, and email
- Develop new clients and grow your existing client base
- Develop targeted wine offers for existing Verve customers
- Receive inventory and place in corresponding region on the floor and in the cellar in an organized fashion
- Help with local deliveries
- Desires to work hard and develop with our growing company
- Has good organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Great at communicating clearly and effectively- in person, on the phone, and via email, with both customers and other team members
- Dedicated to making people happy– you exceed customer expectations with a great attitude while being a fantastic and fun team player
- Self-starter with energy to spare
- Able to develop and grow your own client base
- Motivated to drive business in a sales capacity
- Must have experience working with fine wine
- Knowledge of the classic regions of the world, as well as top producers and vintages, is very important for this role
- Minimum 2 year experience working in a sales role around wine in a retail capacity
- Comfortable using, SalesForce, Gmail & Excel