Verve Wine is looking for a highly motivated, analytical, and organized Marketing Manager to drive the evolution of both our digital and brand marketing capabilities.
At Verve Wine, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover, and shop for wine. Our goal is to seamlessly connect our retail and online shopping experiences to create simplified and delightful shopping experiences for our customers.This position will have ownership and accountability for all marketing efforts, so an autonomous self-starter able to make data-driven decisions is a must.
Reporting to one of the Co-founders, you’ll be responsible for executing on marketing strategic initiatives, cross functional collaboration and operational excellence on all things marketing. This will include owning all elements of digital marketing (i.e., email, social, SEO, paid ads, etc) and contributing to brand marketing and PR efforts. You will work cross-functionally across Merchandising, Planning, Finance, Design, and Tech to ensure a steady stream of campaigns that make a known impact on revenue. You will be the first full-time marketer on the team and will have the opportunity to make a great impact on the company.
This position is based in New York City.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage day-to-day optimization of marketing campaigns on various channels that drive customer acquisition for Verve Wine
- Grow revenue and customer LTV through a scalable and sustainable email marketing program
Manage the end-to-end segmentation, automation, and email, from initiating new emails to building, testing, deployment, and reporting
- Build strategy for new channel discovery and implement an ongoing testing agenda for new channels and work with the creative team to build new creative
- Forecast marketing spend and new customer growth by channel
- Implement and manage strategic paid search media plan aimed at driving scale while maintaining performance targets and budgets
- Develop and execute actionable SEO roadmap that integrates technical, content and product optimization opportunities
- Create reporting framework that effectively captures email, social, referral, paid and organic search program performance and produces actionable run-of-business optimizations for the various channels
- Provide analytical support for forecasting of daily/weekly/monthly sales trends and guidance on risks to plans
- Clearly and concisely communicate program performance and progress against goals in a cross-functional setting
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years digital marketing experience in execution role within e-comm, hi-tech or like high-volume setting
- Love analytics and have a deep understanding of the ever-evolving digital retail landscape=
- Are a performance marketer at heart who enjoys making data-driven decisions and implementing growth strategies based on establishing efficiency at scale
- Are highly collaborative and have experience working across functions
- Are knowledgeable and have experience working with marketing automation tools (Hubspot), social tools (Sprout social, etc), and reporting and diagnostic tools (Adwords, Google Analytics, etc)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to translate findings into strategic recommendations and to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Have strong digital and retail ecommerce knowledge and curiosity
- Citizen or resident of the United States
- Deep employee discount on wine
- Participate in staff tastings & education
About Verve Wine
- We value team players who have self awareness, intellectual honesty, empathy, positive energy, and who are accountable
- Are located in SoHo in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers and to one another
- Are excited to hear from you